Smart Fit Girls: The Heroes We Wished We Had
As young girls, most of us battled with our own demons surrounding food, body image and community. In out adult years, most of us take step to rectify these broken relationships, but sometimes it takes years and we never are truly fixed. Chrissy Chard and Kellie Walters saw this scenario and asked the obvious question: Can we prevent young girls from ever having to go through what we all wish we didn’t? In today’s episode, we sit down with the two founders of Smart Fit Girls to discuss how SFG began, their own personal journeys and what is on the horizon for this incredible organization. By the end of this interview, you will agree with us that Chrissy and Kellie are the heroes we wished we had.
Where you can reach Smart Fit Girls…
- Instagram: @smartfitgirls
- Facebook: facebook.com/smartfitgirlsinc
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: smartfitgirls.org
Smart Fit Girls present a two-day EmPOWERlifting event!
- When: September 21st & 22nd.
- Where: Fort Collins, CO and Fort Collins, CO greater area.
- Where You Can Get More Information: empowerlifting.org
- VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED. Consider donating your time for this amazing cause.
We would LOVE to hear from you. Suggestions? Feedback? Stories? We want it all. Shoot us an email at EMPOWEREDBYIRON@GMAIL.COM and we might just share your story on our next episode.
If you love Empowered by Iron, take 5 minutes and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. With your help, we can reach more people and spread our message of strength and empowerment.
Check out our sponsor of this episode:
- Fear Her Fight Athletics : “We are an athletic lifestyle brand designed to allow athletes to harness their confidence from winning the platform to fighting the patriarchy. FHF appeals to those that support women’s rights and believe there is room for everyone in the strength world.”
- Womxn’s Strength Summit : “A day for women to collaborate and grow in their fitness endeavors.”
- Where you can find Fear Her Fight:
Join our Facebook Group Page: Women in Strength – Athlete Resource
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- 1:00 – Who is Smart Fit Girls? And what is it, exactly?
- 4:20 – Kellie and Chrissy’s story. How did Smart Fit Girls start?
- 13:00 – Empowerlifting event (www.empowerlifting.org)
- 20:00 – Their on-going research
- 22:45 – Teaching nutrition in Smart Fit Girls
- 28:00 – What Chrissy and Kellie know now that they wish they knew when they started…