Shoulders, Muscles, & Food, Oh My! – Episode 68
Today we put on our doctor and scientist hats and break down two complex issues for you in an attempt to simplify and make you a better athlete. Kristin discusses shoulders: how to keep them healthy, strong, and bulletproof. Mary breaks down how each macronutrient plays a role in muscle protein synthesis. Together we discuss some finer points of body recomposition and how to know when to eat more food and what choices are best for your body.
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
Check out our sponsors:
- Women’s Strength Coalition – Our mission is to build stronger communities through increased access to strength training. We envision a world where everyone has equal opportunity to express their voice and embrace their power.
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes.
- Bama Brick Squad – Stacy offers various coaching services and packages: all geared towards helping you reach your goals. She works with athletes of all shapes and sizes. Support BBS and check out their merch!
- 1:15 – Shoulder mobility
- 19:45 – Where do muscles from? How macros work together to let your body work.
- 33:35 – Update one body recomposition