Mythbusters – Episode 66
In this episode we put on our Mythbusting hats and tackles some of the myths that exist in the fitness industry. From protein shakes to arching makes your back break, we dive into some of the most requested myths submitted by YOU, our listener. This episode was super fun and we hope to do more like this in the future!
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
Check out our sponsors:
- Women’s Strength Coalition – Our mission is to build stronger communities through increased access to strength training. We envision a world where everyone has equal opportunity to express their voice and embrace their power.
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes.
- Bama Brick Squad – Stacy offers various coaching services and packages: all geared towards helping you reach your goals. She works with athletes of all shapes and sizes. Support BBS and check out their merch!
- 3:00 – Myth: You need a protein shake IMMEDIATELY after lifting.
- 8:40 – Myth: What to eat in the golden hour after lifting. Quick-absorbing carbs, right? If so, what are some good choices? And is it true that you should avoid fats during that time?
- 10:40 – Myth: Eating fat makes you fat…
- 13:45 – Myth: You shouldn’t bench with an arch because you will hurt your back. *insert angry emoji here*
- 18:10 – Myth: You need to do sets of 30 reps to get those “lean, toned” muscles.
- 20:35 – Myth: Lifting heavy will make your uterus fall out.
- 24:15 – Myth: Lifting as an adolescent will stunt your growth.
- 25:35 – Myth: You can spot reduce fat loss.