Kimberly Walford: The Will to be Better – Episode 83
Becoming a champion is more than weight on the bar. Being a champion means you live, breathe, and eat greatness; our guest today is no exception. We are so humbled to welcome 6 time IPF World Champion, Kimberly Walford, to the podcast. Kimberly is such a gem in the world of powerlifting, and her compassion and passion for the sport is both magnificent and inspiring. We know you all are going to love today’s episode!
- Where you can find Kimberly:
- Instagram: @trackfu
- Resource Mentioned in the Episode:
- Eugen Loko: @Pheasyque
We would LOVE to hear from you. Suggestions? Feedback? Stories? We want it all. Shoot us an email at EMPOWEREDBYIRON@GMAIL.COM and we might just share your story on our next episode.
If you love Empowered by Iron, take 5 minutes and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. With your help, we can reach more people and spread our message of strength and empowerment.
Check out our sponsor of this episode:
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes.
- Women’s Strength Coalition – Our mission is to build stronger communities through increased access to strength training. We envision a world where everyone has equal opportunity to express their voice and embrace their power.
Join our Facebook Group Page: Women in Strength – Athlete Resource
Support our Patreon Page!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- 2:50 – A champion’s mindset.
- 7:20 – Powerlifting community.
- 11:00 – Training.
- 16:00 – How lifting has changed Kimberly mentally, emotionally and physically.
- 36:00 – Advice for lifters wanting to take it to the next level.
- 43:50 – Lighter weight classes vs. strength potential.
- 52:00 – Advice to a beginner (what Kimberly knows now that she wishes she knew then).