From a farm in Ohio to an internationally competitive powerlifter, our guest today has overcome many obstacles, both in lifting and life, in order to get her where she is today. In this episode, we sit down with Becci Holcomb and discuss her journey into powerlifting, the curse of social media, and knowing your worth…and so much more. You are not going to want to miss out on this one!
- Where you can find Becci Holcomb:
- Check out Female Strength Academy – The only online resource created by and for female strength athletes.
- Eat for Strength and Eat for Strength – Cut courses are now LIVE: https://femalestrengthacademy.com/shop/courses/eat-for-strength/
- Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your posts by using the hashtag #empoweredbyiron
- Find us on Patreon: www.patreon.com/empoweredbyiron
- Join our women’s only Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/femalestrengthacademy
- Check out our sponsors:
- Fiercely Fueled Nutrition Coaching – Online nutrition coaching for strength and functional fitness athletes. Coached by our own Dr. Kristin Lander.
- 6:45 – What is single-ply lifting?
- 16:30 – Mindset of training through an injury
- 26:50 – How has the barbell empowered Becci
- 36:30 – Living her authentic life
- 42:00 – Body positivity & self confidence through powerlifting
- 48:40 – What advice would you give your past self knowing what you know now?
- 56:14 – Having a significant other who lifts
Make sure you’re all caught up! Listen to Episode 100 – Living purposely out of balance!